The 10 Qualities of a Successful Executive : Khalid Nasr
1. Personal packaging: He is meticulous and he dresses smartly and appropriately. His appearance gives others a sense of self-confidence and self-assurance.
2. Self-confidence: A belief in himself that he can get things done. He works with certainty and without hesitation.
3. Ambitious: He is very proud of his profession and he works effectively to achieve his short and long-term goals. He knows what he wants in life and he pays undivided attention to achieve his objectives.
4. Enthusiasm: He shows passion and keen interest in his work. He speaks with energy and confidence that inspires others.
5. Continuous renewal of skills: Learning new skills is very much a part of a successful executive’s life. He wants to stay ahead so he keeps himself up-to-date.
6. Excellent people skills: He listens with full attention to what the other person is saying before taking action. He is empathic because whatever he does he considers the feelings of others.
7. Keep promises: He delivers what he has promised in a timely fashion. He builds up a reputation that people can count on him to get things done.
8. Health and fitness: He is fully aware that a healthy and fit body is a prerequisite for vitality and a source of abundant energy. He exercises regularly.
9. A balanced life: He looks after his family just the way he looks after his career. There is a time that he devotes his attention and love to his family members. Success in life is more than just a rewarding and satisfying career.
10. Stay calm under pressure: Working under pressure is unavoidable. The trick is to stay cool and calm and still be able to work with full concentration and wear a smile on the face.
“Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm,” says Sir Winston Churchill.